This is what I did for Halloween. Although it’ll probably be all destroyed by Saturday…(click the pics for the full size!)
There was a great stencil on Pinkraygun.Com, so I printed it out, then scaled it down to 75% to fit my pumpkin. At this point, all the tiny fine details were terrifying me, my previous pumpkins have always been a bit crude.
I’d like to note that while I was cutting out the design, I realised that the “face” wasn’t supported by anything according to the stencil. So I made shallow cuts in the skin in a few places (top, around the ear and the glasses frame) so that the flesh behind kept holding it all together.